Interlibrary Loan (ILL) allows Bedford Public Library cardholders to request books, media and other materials that are not owned by the library.
Please note the following before placing an ILL request:
- Please check the library catalog before requesting materials through ILL. Requests for items owned by Bedford Public Library will be cancelled.
- If an item shows available at a nearby library, you may wish to drive to that library to check out the item rather than submitting an ILL request. You will need to apply for a card from the library you visit. Bedford has reciprocal agreements with many area libraries so there may be no fee to get a card.
- Recent items (published within the last year) are generally not available as lending institutions will not loan these materials. For newer items, you may wish to submit a suggestion for purchase instead.
- To request and checkout ILL items, you must have a current Bedford Public Library card in good standing, free of fines and overdue materials.
- The maximum number of active ILL requests is 5.
- Most materials check out for 3 weeks. Materials cannot be renewed.
- Please allow 2-6 weeks for your requested item to arrive.
- A $2.00 postage fee, due when the item is picked up, will be charged for each ILL request.
- Overdue items are charged $.50 per day, per item.
- Lost, damaged or stolen ILL materials are subject to the lending library’s policies.
- From the day you are notified that your ILL items are ready for pick-up, you have five (5) days to pick them up before those items are sent back to the lending institution.
- The $2.00 postage fee is still due if you do not pick up your ILL items before they are sent back to the lending institution.